CEO ONEBOX: “The Chase FOR CRM IMPLEMENTATION AS A TREND WILL KILL 90% OF PROJECTS »
Small and medium-sized businesses perceive CRM as a “magic pill” from problems in working with customers, lost applications and a decline in sales.
The selection and implementation of such software or a cloud service is a matter of correctly prioritizing and assessing the need for CRM. Dmitry Levoshich, OneBox CEO, helped figure out where to start implementing such a system.
Dmitry Levoshich – on the problems of automation of client management.
What about the implementation of CRM-systems
The pursuit of CRM implementation as a trend is one of the reasons that “destroys” 90% of projects. It sounds strange, but the situation looks like this: the client attended a seminar or presentation of some kind of CRM system.
They showed some kind of “chip” – for example, the option “Determine the probability of the transaction.” The client liked it – and he turns to the company immediately with a request to introduce this particular component. However, there is no clear answer to the questions:
– why does he need this component?
– How to correctly calculate the probability of a transaction for your business, based on your indicators?
– why does the customer consider this option in CRM to be the key?
Seeing that the efficiency has not increased, the client will decide that CRM “does not work”, although he was promised the opposite.
All business content in a convenient format. Interviews, cases, life hacks of the world – in our telegram channel. Join now!
A conscious approach to the selection and implementation of client management systems is what all CRM vendors expect today. The situation is improving: if you compare 2018 and 2019, then the percentage of meetings increased 2-3 times, when the client knows what he wants.
Unfortunately, while a competent customer makes up no more than 10% of the total number of people wishing to implement such a system.
What are the pros and cons of using CRM in a company?
Key benefits of using CRM:
– return on investment in the implementation of CRM in a relatively short time. CRM systemvendors expect todayerrors that lead to losses. In a high-traffic business, these errors can cost hundreds of thousands in cash
– company process structuring
– improving the overall quality of the company and the level of efficiency
The main risks in implementing CRM:
– the wrong choice of components for implementation, which can lead to financial losses and the purchase of “unnecessary” options
– technological risk – compatibility of the approaches and technologies used with the platform or service for CRM that you have chosen
– the risk of sabotage, which turns into the dismissal of the sales team and the transition to a competitor. Because a competitor, for example, is not forced to fill out customer satisfaction indicators
How to choose a CRM system for implementation?
1. Determine why you need CRM. Do not forget: the answer must contain money. For example: “I lose 20 orders a week due to the fact that sales managers do not call back. In monetary terms, this is so much. After the implementation of the CRM-system, we will not have these losses. ”
2. Identify the fundamental changes that CRM should bring. For example: “It is necessary that the system turns missed calls into tasks and ensures that the callback is made within 30 minutes. If this did not happen, I would have connected the leader. ”
3. Formulate the previous two steps in the form of a flowchart of your business processes – and transfer it to the CRM provider.
4. Ask the supplier to evaluate each item in your scheme in the format:
what will have to be developed “from scratch”
which modules are ready and you can see them before buying the system
which is not in direct expression and which requires tuning
If there are no specific functions, add $ 300 to the project cost. If there are achievements, but adaptation to your project is needed, add $ 150. The output will be the real composition and approximate cost of the CRM system (without guarantees and additional services).
How to choose the scope of services?
– highlight one simple process that is directly related to customer service (sales, work of a call center, etc.). Calculate how much it costs to use CRM for this process only and how the company’s performance is changing
– consider whether the company has enough funds and time to implement CRM
– Read customer and partner reviews about the selected company or cloud platform that you want to see as a CRM provider for yourself. Ensure transparency and reliability of cooperation, technical and commercial support from the supplier
– choose in the batch solution only those options and processes that your business needs
Where to start and at what stages to divide the implementation of CRM in the company?
– Define the goals of implementation and the mechanism for their achievement. This task should be carried out by the manager, whose department will be the direct “consumer” of the CRM system
– Analyze the processes that CRM automates. Find answers to the questions: how are the processes in the company built, what is wrong with them, why is this happening and how does CRM help fix it
– Discuss the idea of automation with technical experts. As a rule, these are representatives of the supplier company, which will implement the CRM system.